How to fund your SME project? EU funding Information session organised by Europe Direct Central Region
- Created on Tuesday, 26 May 2015 16:51
GRTU Executive Elaine Zammit has attended an EU funding information session organised by Europe Direct Central region, one of the three Europe Direct Information Centres situated in Malta and Gozo. This event focused on various funding schemes that would assist in financing SME projects.
The funding programmes presented during the information session which targeted SMEs are listed below:
Ambassador of the Republic of Latvia to Malta meets key stakeholders to discuss priorities of the Latvian Presidency
- Created on Tuesday, 26 May 2015 16:24
In a meeting hosted by MEUSAC, H.E. Artis Bertulis, Ambassador of the Republic of Latvia to Malta, presented developments on the priorities of the Latvian Presidency with government stakeholders and social partners. The priorities of the Latvian Presidency ending on 30th June focus on:
- Reached an Agreement in the Council on the European Fund for Strategic
Maternity Leave Trust Fund presented at MCESD – GRTU requests immediate reimbursement to employers
- Created on Tuesday, 26 May 2015 16:18
The Ministry for Social Dialogue gave a presentation on the proposed method of implementation of the Maternity Leave Trust Fund as had been put forward in the Budget 2015 Speech. The aim is to make engagement in the private sector more gender neutral through this fund which is intended to pay the 14 weeks paid maternity leave.
This fund shall be financed through contribution by private companies. The
GRTU participates at the EuroCommerce Social Affairs Committee Meeting and Social Dialogue Meeting for the Commerce Sector
- Created on Tuesday, 19 May 2015 17:28
EuroCommerce held its Social Affairs Committee Meeting and a Social Dialogue Meeting for the Commerce Sector bringing together representatives of both employers and workers on the 12thand 13thMay, in Brussels.
EuroCommerce gave details about a number of projects it will be participating in the fields of social dialogue, retail and commerce. One of the projects is looking into healthy and safety at the place of work focusing on ergonomics, stress at work and psychosocial risks. The project will also produce a country fiche with elaboration on national case studies. Another project is focused on holding a detailed fact-based study on the current
- Occupational Standards for the Motoring Industry
- GRTU President welcomes the Austrian candidate for the position of Honorary Consul
- Removal of Eco Contribution on petroleum oils, tyres and ammunition by virtue of the Budget measures Implementation Act, 2015
- Legal and Commercial Guarantees Information Session held by GRTU with the participation of MEIB and MCCAA
- GRTU awarded Equality Mark from the National Council for the Promotion of Equality (NCPE)