GRTU prepares proposals for waste directive
- Created on Friday, 20 March 2015 17:38
GRTU is putting together its proposals for the replacement of the despised eco-tax – a promise made by the government in the last Budget – but there are still numerous hurdles.
The tax has to be removed by September 2015.
The issue has been delegated to the Environment Ministry, which will also have to find a way to put into force the environmental contributions Malta should be imposing through the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive.
GRTU requests extension on the issue of utilisation of roof space - Operators are asked not to reply to MIP for now
- Created on Friday, 20 March 2015 17:33
Government launches 2014-2020 funding period New funding calls to be announced soon
- Created on Monday, 16 March 2015 10:02
Deputy Prime Minister Louis Grech and Parliamentary Secretary responsible for EU funds Ian Borg have this morning officially launched the 2014-2020 Operational Programmes for Malta. This following, what has been described as a very lengthy and intense negotiation phase with the European Commission.
This events marks the start of the implementation phase of the funds, and as a result we will start seeing the initial calls being pre-announced with immediate effect.
Malta’s Economic Future
- Created on Monday, 16 March 2015 09:37
GRTU President Paul Abela and GRTU Deputy President Philip Fenech attended this week’s business breakfast organised by The Malta Business weekly which was addressed by Opposition leader Dr Simon Busuttil.
During his speech Dr Busuttil mentioned that in the harsh international economic recession, Malta’s economy consistently registers the best economic growth rates along with Germany. For this to continue it is essential that businesses continue to compete and invest to get new customers. This will also allow the country to preserve its social model which combines Malta’s economic growth with the living standards and work conditions of the Maltese people.
- Inclusion at GRTU – Engaging the Skills of Persons with Different Abilities
- GRTU Pharmacies Section agree on the way forward on Pharmacy Opening Hours
- Apprenticeship Schemes – Way forward to bridge education and employment
- Occupational Standards for the Motoring Industry
- The European Fund for Strategic Investments – an EU Commission’s Proposal